Early Childhood Education Centre Pvt. Ltd. was established in July 2001 with the desire and vision to improve the quality of Pre- and Primary School teaching in Nepal. We believe that every child should have the right and privilege to adequate and child centered education.
Early Childhood Education is established by expatriates who work closely with a Nepali Advisory Board consisting of experienced and professional people. They felt the need for ECD training for teachers to lay a better foundation for education for young children. Early Childhood is not a time for rote learning but for practical activities and play. If children are forced to study beyond their interest areas and readiness stages they will not enjoy school. They may develop negative feelings towards books and formal education. Learning must be fun!
A good teacher can have great influence on a child’s character, skills development, behavior and values. Young children under are tactile learners. They are inquisitive and need to explore and experiment. Play and ‘hands-on’ experience are most effective ways of learning at that age.
Most children under five years old are not yet ready for formal studies. Early childhood education should be skill oriented rather then theory- and exam oriented. Different kinds of play help children to develop socio-emotional, physical and cognitive skills in a balanced way and thus prepare young children by developing skills for formal learning such as reading, writing and mathematics. Skills can only develop through practice. ECEC seeks to equip Preschool Teachers to guide children in developing such skills as: association, categorizing, differentiation, matching, observing for details, sequencing and other skills which will develop the students thinking power and prepare them for formal education.
ECEC believes that every child is unique and needs a loving, stimulating environment in which to develop. In Child Psychology the early Childhood Years are called ‘Formative years. We believe that in this is the time the foundation is laid for the child’s life values, habits (discipline), thinking patterns (Logic, reasoning, memory), and attitudes, social -mental - and emotional skills. We therefore need to create such learning and developing environment for the preschool students that they can develop these skills at their best.
• To increase the impact of teaching techniques for young children which are culturally appropriate and child-friendly.
• To promote the development and production of adequate teaching materials.
• To contribute to the development of ECD curriculum nationwide.
• To conduct intensive and practical short & long term Teacher Training Courses in ECD to train and equip career teachers for the profession of teaching.
• To conduct refresher training courses for teachers to encourage and stimulate them.
• To conduct workshops to help parents understand the need of adjusting and revitalizing the current teaching approach.
• To make available at ECEC a wide selection of educational materials for children’s learning and instructional tools for teachers.
• To provide consultation to principals and teachers in establishing and adapting kindergartens to the current requirements of Pre-School Teaching.
• To give assistance to Pre-Primary Schools in developing curriculum and syllabus.
• To assist schools in selecting effective and valuable educational materials and how to use them